Back to ListThis report was originally published in Japanese in March 2019. The original report is here.
Asia Research Asia Research Report （FY2018）
The Korean Peninsula at a Crossroads
- Chapter 1: The Failure of the Second US-DPRK Summit and What Japanese Diplomacy Might Offer ――Between a Crisis and a Golden Opportunity*
- Chapter 2: The Dynamics of the US-DPRK Hanoi Summit and Prospects for Denuclearization Talks*
- Chapter 3: The Changing US-ROK Alliance and the Future of US Forces Korea*
- Chapter4: The Xi Jinping Administration’s New Approach to the Korean Peninsula――Proactive Economic and Security Involvement Taking Account of the USA*
- Chapter 5: The 2018 Inter-Korean Summit and South Korean Society*
- Chapter 6: Chairman Kim Jong-un’s Leadership ――Swift, Pragmatic, and Focused on Process*
- Chapter 7: Ongoing Exploration of the Vision for a New Economic Map of the Korean Peninsula――New Developments in Inter-Korean Economic Cooperation and Future Issues*
For Asia reports published before FY2016 are available HERE.
East Asia Risk and Japan-China Relations
The Geoeconomics of the Korean Peninsula
US-China Decoupling and Supply Chains
The North Korean Economy in the Age of Kim Jong-un
US-China Competition for Technological Supremacy and Japan’s Response