Back to ListThis report was originally published in Japanese in March 2020. The original report is here.
Asia Research Asia Research Report （FY2019）
US-China Competition for Technological Supremacy and Japan’s Response
- Chapter1:Core Points of Contention in the “New Cold War” ――Technological Supremacy and Technology Management
- Chapter2:American China Policies and Debates: From Engagement and Support to Competition and De-coupling
- Chapter3:US Transforming Itself and Shifting Its China Policies ――American Public Pushes for Tougher Stance
- Chapter4:China’s Light and Shadow in Semiconductors ――the Supply Chain Shows Difficult Roads to High-Tech Powers
- Chapter5:Can Economic Interdependence Deter US-China Conflict?
- Chapter6:U.S. – China Competition in Cyberspace ――Supply Chain Risks and Undersea Cables
- Chapter7:Europa’s relations with China ―― In search of new distance
- Chapter8:Japan’s rule-making strategies under the U.S.-China “Cold War”: Responses to U.S. policies and its approaches towards China
- Final Chapter:The “Wise Investments” in Which Japan Needs to Get Involved――Promoting Technological Innovation and Rule-shaping Diplomacy